The seasonal part-time Assistant Manager performs the duty of a Sales Associate, and in the absence of a Store Manager, is responsible for the leadership of the sales team and day-to-day operations of the store.
- Lead the sales team and oversee the day-to-day operations of the store (in the absence of a Store Manager).
- Responsible for opening and closing the store, and securing all store assets.
- Assist store management in recruitment, training, and coaching efforts.
- Drive sales in the store by following sales guidelines and procedures including sampling and selling products with passion and enthusiasm, and providing exceptional customer service.
- Maintain product knowledge and stay abreast of changes in product assortment.
- Assist in executing floor sets, pricing, signage, promotional activities and other merchandising strategies according to company directives.
- Participate in the management of store’s inventory and expense items, including minimizing product waste.
- Follow established policies, practices, and procedures including quality, sanitary, and safety guidelines. This includes compliance with all federal, state, and local laws and maintaining a safe work environment.
- Foster the brand image and reputation through impeccable personal presentation and attitude.
- Ring customer transactions using the POS system, actively sell add-ons at the cash wrap, and execute the Preferred Customer Program. Follow proper cash handling procedures.
- Pursue Business to Business sales opportunities in the community according to established procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education – High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience – Top candidates for this position will have retail experience providing exceptional customer service and performing multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.