The Seasonal Sales Associate contributes to the success of a Sur La Table store by inspiring customers on all points of their culinary journey. This role seeks out customers to assist with product information, location, pricing, and availability as well as processing returns and sales transactions. The Seasonal Sales Associate reports to either a General Manager or Store Manager.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides an exceptional customer experience according to customer service standards. Proactively seeks out customers in order to determine needs and sell items.
- Completes category training and seeks out additional product information when necessary.
- Works as a part of a high-performing team to achieve store’s sales plan. Strives to achieve individual sales goals.
- Shares product assortment and services such as, gift registry and cooking classes with customers. Demonstrates products upon request of a customer or as directed by a manager.
- Consistently follows all Sur La Table policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Maintains a clean store environment, including restrooms.
- Processes a variety of transactions accurately and efficiently via the POS including, but not limited to, sales, returns, price checks and etc.
- Stocks and replenishes the sales floor using FIF0 and according to visual standards.
- Records time worked, accurately and according to SLT policy.
- Demonstrates exceptional verbal and written communication skills with employees, customers and store management team.
- Protects customers, employees, and company assets. Notifies Manager on Duty of safety risk or threat in the store.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by Manager on Duty (MOD), General Manager or Store Manager.