|Job Duties and Responsibilities || |
The Floor Lead contributes to the success of a Sur La Table store by inspiring customers on all points of their culinary journey. This role supports either a General Manager (GM) or Store Manager (SM) in the achievement of sales goals and directs daily store operations as Manager on Duty (MOD). The Floor Lead reports to either a General Manager (GM) or Store Manager (SM).
- Models and holds employees accountable to customer service standards.
- Contributes to an environment where employees are informed and capable by supporting training for all employees.
- Models and ensures all Sur La Table policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs) are communicated effectively to employees, maintained and consistently followed.
- Works as a part of a high-performing team to achieve store’s sales plan. Supports sales driving initiatives, creates daily agendas and directs selling activities as (MOD).
- Provides coaching in the moment and performance feedback to employees and communicates performance issues directly to the General Manager or Store Manager.
- Directs employees to ensure appropriate merchandise stock levels, merchandise presentations, and ensures selling floor is adequately stocked according to visual standards.
- Stays informed by maintaining product knowledge, accesses available training and seeks out additional resources when necessary.
- Completes inventory transactions including but not limited to, receiving, MOS, and RARs. Rings employee transactions.
- Demonstrates exceptional verbal and written communication skills with employees, customers, field management and corporate office.
- Ensures adherence to applicable wage and hour laws. Accurately records time worked according to SLT policy.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by General Manager or Store Manager.
|Essential Functions || |
- Ability to communicate verbally and work cooperatively with employees and customers.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for up to 3 hours at a time.
- Ability to move about the work place coaching and directing employees; selling to customers and retrieving merchandise from storage or sales floor.
- Ability to grab, reach, push, pull, bend, stoop, kneel and crouch in order to demonstrate, retrieve and replenish merchandise.
- Ability to work a varied schedule to observe employees and customers at different times of the day, week and year.
- Ability to ascend/descend ladders in order to retrieve and/or move merchandise.
- Ability to operate a computer, POS system, keyboards, merchandise scanners and mouse in order to accomplish work.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Ability to lift and/ or move merchandise weighing up to 35 lbs.
|Experience and Required Qualifications || |
- 1 year of retail sales and customer service experience. Prior experience as a Sur La Table Sales Associate, preferred.
- 1 year of retail supervisory experience, preferred.
- Proficient in POS Systems.
- Some experience with MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word and Excel).
- May require Food Handlers Certification.
|Competencies || |
Sur La Table Core Competencies for Everyone:
- Focus on the Customer: You inspire and delight your customers.
- Be Genuine: Your communication style is respectful, effective and sincere.
- Make the Right Call: You effectively blend knowledge, experience, wisdom & decisive action.
- Take Ownership: You are committed, responsible and provide solutions.
- Achieve Results: You meet and exceed goals and expectations.
Sur La Table is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
This job description represents a summary of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, may be part of the job. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Sur La Table has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.