The Sales Associate contributesto the success of a Sur La Table store by inspiring customers on all points oftheir culinary journey. This role seeks out customers to assist with productinformation, location, pricing, and availability as well as processing returnsand sales transactions. The Sales Associate reports to either a General Manager(GM) or Store Manager (SM).
JOBDUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Providesan exceptional customer experience according to customer servicestandards. Proactively seeks out customers in order to determine needsand sell items.
2. Staysinformed by maintaining product knowledge, accesses available trainingand seeks out additional resources when necessary.
3. Worksas a part of a high-performing team to achieve store’s salesplan. Strives to achieve individual sales goals.
4. Sharesproduct assortment and services such as, gift registry and cookingclasses with customers. Demonstrates products upon request of a customeror as directed by a manager.
5. Consistentlyfollows all Sur La Table policies and standard operating procedures(SOPs).
6. Maintainsa clean store environment, including restrooms.
7. Processesa variety of transactions accurately and efficiently via the POSincluding, but not limited to, sales, returns, price checks and etc.
8. Ensurespricing integrity, MOS products, stocks and replenishes the sales floorusing FIF0 and according to visual standards.
9. Recordstime worked, accurately and according to SLT policy.
10. Demonstratesexceptional verbal and written communication skills with employees,customers and store management team.
11. Protectscustomers, employees, and company assets. Notifies Manager on Duty ofsafety risk or threat in the store.
12. Additionalresponsibilities as assigned by Manager on Duty (MOD), General Manager orStore Manager.
1. Abilityto communicate verbally and work cooperatively with employees andcustomers.
2. Abilityto remain in a stationary position for up to 3 hours at a time.
3. Abilityto move about the work place selling to customers and retrievingmerchandise from storage and/or sales floor.
4. Abilityto grab, reach, push, pull, bend, stoop, kneel and crouch in order todemonstrate, retrieve and/or replenish merchandise.
5. Abilityto work a varied schedule including nights and weekends as businessdictates.
6. Abilityto ascend/descend ladders in order to retrieve and/or move merchandise.
7. Abilityto operate a computer, POS system, keyboards, merchandise scanners andmouse in order to accomplish work.
8. Regularand predictable attendance.
9. Abilityto lift and/or move merchandise weighing up to 35 lbs.
EXPERIENCEAND REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
1. 1year retail sales experience (preferred).
2. Mustbe at least 18 years old.
3. Proficientin POS Systems.
4. Mayrequire Food Handlers Certification.
5. Sur LaTable Core Competencies for Everyone:
6. Focus onthe Customer: You inspire and delight your customers.
7. BeGenuine: Your communication style is respectful, effective and sincere.
8. Make theRight Call: You effectively blend knowledge, experience, wisdom &decisive action.
9. TakeOwnership: You are committed, responsible and provide solutions.
10. AchieveResults: You meet and exceed goals and expectations.
This jobdescription represents a summary of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensivelist of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Responsibilities,tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the jobdescription and other duties, as assigned, may be part of the job. This jobdescription is not an employment agreement or contract. Sur La Table has theexclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
Stop in for an application.