Macerich is sharply focused on sustainability as a long-term, fully integrated business approach. Our goal is simple: Create a healthy environment for our employees, tenants, guests and communities and sustain this environment for future generations.
Today we are committed to doing even more — to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions, energy use, water consumption, and waste generation. For more information click here.
What We’re Doing at Freehold Raceway Mall
- Our Security Staff uses bicycles to patrol, as weather permits in spring and summer seasons.
- Many of our retailers now offer shoppers the option of reusable bags.
- We use green cleaning products at our center wherever and whenever possible.
- The center has implemented new lighting protocols that allow us to minimize our energy use and lower our carbon footprint without any impact on the shopping experience.
- Virtually all of the center’s trash is recycled or it goes to an energy COGEN plant.
- We’ve installed solar film on sections of the skylights.
- Our new Restrooms have automated faucets, toilets and waterless urinals.
- The Lower Level restroom has motion sensor lighting.
- During the expansion, a drain water purification system was installed.
- We’ve converted all interior lighting to energy efficient and green lighting during renovation and expansion.
- Housekeeping and Landscaping uses green and pesticide-free products.
- We encourage retailers to turn off all but emergency lighting during non-business hours.
- In an effort to reduce our carbon footprint, fuel cells were installed. The fuel cells convert natural gas to clean, renewable energy without emitting greenhouse gases!
Sustain'ART'bility Mural Project
SustainARTbility Project Local high school students from Brick, NJ will be painting their sustainabi...
Art Outside The Box Mural Project
Freehold Raceway Mall is proud to present our new Art Installation in the North Wing of the Mall. A...
You have the power to save lives! At this time it is essential to keep our blood supply available to...